Monday, March 20, 2006

A Perilous Paradox of Procrastination

I started a rant a while ago, but called to do something else or something. Not much, but it almost makes you think. I'll probably never finish it, so deal with it.

As I sit here, restlessly wandering the ever shifting roads of the interweb, I am haunted by a strange irony. I, unexpectedly, am not avoiding work, except maybe searching for obscure scholarship competitions. Everything I need to have done for tomorrow, and even the day after that is already finished. One would think that this sort of state would bring peace of mind, but, as an avid procrastinator, I find it very frustrating to have all my work taken care of. I am driven by the last minute panic and pseudo-organization that normally brings my projects together miraculously. With everything accounted for, however, I am beset with a subtle dread, thinking perhaps I missed something.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that picture is everywhere!

Nathaniel Cornstalk said...

I am exactly the same way! I totally get that.

Erin said...

Man, I hate that feeling.

Anonymous said...

Happy April 19th! ^.^

Anonymous said...

stupid thing. that wasnt supposed to be anonymous. i put in my name and it didnt like it i guess. though if it were to remain anonymous then i suppose that would make me sneaky. and i like being sneaky.
so i revert to my previous state of anonymity.