Wednesday, November 16, 2005

procrastination

I've officially given up on 50,000 words, but I'm still writing. In the mean time I'm procrastinating with a funny thing that hit me while watching Whose Line is it Anyway? For certain games, Drew grabs a random audience member and has Wayne sing a song about their job.

DREW: You, what's your name? (motions to a dirty old man)

MAN: I'm.... jeff

DREW: and what do you do for a living?

MAN: I live in a dumpster

awkward silence. Drew motions toward a large-ish bearded man

DREW: Who are you?

MAN2: I'm George Lucas

DREW: And what do you do for a living?

hush falls over crowd. some people laugh

GEORGE:I invented Star Wars

DREW:I'm sure. (motions toward another man) Whats your name?

MAN3: My name is George W. Bush

Drew:What do you do?

BUSH: Um.... uh.... I, um....

the old man next to him whispers a few things in his ear

BUSH: I am responsible for the Hurricane Katrina!

okay, not that funny, but it worked in my head.

4 comments:

Annamarie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

BWAHAHAHA!
I want Wayne Brady to make up a song about George Lucas.

Evey said...

me too!

"I invented Star Wars!"

haha... priceless

Christin/Grace Marie said...

a fruitful procrastination device: i sometimes wonder if this exists for me. you are the king of fruitful procrastination devices, especially because pirates are fpds.