Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Man and His Machine

So I discovered that my car only stopped working because something knocked the killswitch in the trunk, and it's not broken or anything. Still, I'm not going back to that thing. I've moved on. I'm driving the corvair van, now, for better or for worse. I've taken all my trash out of the sable, and I have removed Geoffrey, my dashboard buddy. He's a dragon that blinks. Lina says he looks more like a Charlie, but that's beside the point. I've left my car for another. I had some good times with the it, and we've had our differences. It's going to be tough; they say the first car is always hard to leave behind, but I will have to be strong. I've already started something with the corvair, it's taken me places. We've had our first fight, and we've worked it out. I think this is the start of something good.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Ah, and this is the car that is taking me to Celebration. If the van is the Millennium Falcon of cars, what was your old one?

Michael said...

A piece of crap. or in Star Wars terms "A piece of crap."

Erin said...

No, you can't say "crap" in Star Wars... it would be "a piece of junk."

Erin said...

Which is actually what they call the Falcon anyway...

Jonah Comstock said...

If Marten's Van were the Millenium Falcon.

"The odds of successfully navigating an asteroid belt are 9,875,000,000 to one. And that's if we COULD defrost the windows."

"I hope that old man took out the tractor beam or this is going to be a really short trip."
*THUNK*
"He didn't take out the tractor beam?"
"No, it just won't start. Don't worry, it usually works by the third or fourth time."

And wouldn't that be a messed up trilogy?

Marten said...

Oh, Ha. that's definately the funniest thing anyone has ever said about my van.